Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Favorite Past Time


One of our group's favorite past times is to comment on my female commissar's... um.. well... let's just say "Huge Tracts of Land" to quote Monty Python. I painted her to reflect these tracts and I hope I did them justice (see her above).

A female political officer in the Soviet Army was called a Kommissarka, so that is usually what we call her. The model has a special place in my army because she single handedly held out in combat with a Space Marine captain for two turns while a Sentinel exploded next to her (by a big spooty Ork Warboss, which by the way the explosion killed the Warboss and wounded the Space Marine captain). The model was one of the more expensive additions to the army because it was a very limited special gamesday release in 1998. I think the following propaganda poster sums up the attitude she carries for my army.



It is total coincidence that my figure is painted in the same color scheme as the poster, but it makes the illustration even better.

1 comment:

  1. Well, that image isn't child friendly.

    I'd like to point out that I've killed the Comissarka each time I've played against her. She may scare her own guardsmen, but the Marines are made of tougher (and more single-minded) stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...